Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blog Spam

Every once in a while, I would read the comments left on other people's Blogs and see some were spam. It would be from someone who writes something like "I like your Blog. If you are interested in whatever, come visit our site". I found them to be annoying.

Well, they just got even more annoying, as these spammers have found my Blog. I had 2 of these spam comments posted just in the last half hour. I deleted them, so you don't have to worry about them. And I will delete any future ones as soon as I see them.

I also checked the Blogger (the folks who host this site for me) settings, and found that I can turn on what they call "word verification". Basically that means that they show a picture of a word, and you have to type that word in to a box in order to publish a comment. This should reduce the number of computers that go around and try to automatically post comments. I hope that this is not too annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home