Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wildlife / 野生生物

Yesterday, I went for a kayak trip with some friends to Drake's Estero on Point Reyes. I had heard about this area how much wildlife there is there, but had not had a chance to paddle there yet.
昨日友達とポイント・レイエスのDrake's Esteroへカヤックに乗りに行った。その所は野生生物がいるそうだ、けど行ったことがない。

And now that I have been there, I am glad that I did go. We saw a lot of wildlife, including some that I normally only see in zoos or aquariums. Can you name what is in the pictures below:
行った事は嬉しいよ。沢山野生生物を見た。下の写真の動物を見知る?


Click on the picture to see picture in full size.
写真をクリックしたら大きい写真が見える。

We loaded up my car a lot to get there. It wad good to see that I can fit 3 boats on the roof of the car.
私の車はカヤック3台を持てる。よかった。

Oh, what are the pictures of? The first picture is of a Leopard Shark. We saw quite a few of these in the shallow water. They looked to be about 3 feet long.
写真は何だ?1番目はイタチザメだ。浅水域にいた。全長3メートルだと思った。

The second is of a Harbor Seal looking at us. These guys are very curious, and are always checking to see what we are doing.
2番目は物珍しげに私に見ているアザラシだ。

The third picture is of a Ray. They were in the shallow water in the same area as the leopard sharks.
3番目はえいだ。タチザメも浅水域にいた。

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know there are many sharks around your area. I have not been many places where I can see wildlife animals in Australia. In my home country, If I work as an interpreter, I could go and see many at a wildlife education centre just 30 minutes away from my place. I arrange those jobs to interpreters and become envious because they see those wonderful things...

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

野生動物すごい!カリフルニア州へ行きたいんですわよ!ケンタッキーの天気が嫌いだ。さめとえいの近いのカヤックをするのは怖いですか。楽しいですか。
来年の3月にタホ湖へ行くんだから、多分SFも旅行をします。
香梨

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

The friend I kayaked with also posted some information and photos on his web site at http://gotoes.org/biketours/daytrips/092306_DrakesEsteroPeterSylvia.htm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home