Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blogs I Read - Tokyo Girl

I am not sure if everyone knows, but you can track Blogs (like mine) using a Blog aggregator program. The one I use is Bloglines. Basically, I tell Bloglines which Blogs I want to read, and it tracks which postings I have read. When I view the Bloglines web page, it then tells me if there are new postings that I have not read yet. This makes it easy for me to keep up to date on other people's Blogs (and you can use this to keep track of when I post in my Blogs).

On that, here is one of the Blogs I read often. It is called Tokyo Girl, and it is rather amusing. I have only recently started reading this, but it has quickly become one of my favorites. She is British, married to a German guy, has a young child, and had to move to Japan for her husband's job. Definitely brings about some interesting insights into life there. And a few laughs.

日本語:
ブログについてブログ集積者で知りやすいよ。私はBloglinesを使う。 私はBloglinesに読みたいブログを告げると、Bloglinesが読んだブログの経過を追う。BloglinesのHPを見ると、新しいブログの日記を教える。新しい日記を読みやすいよ。私のブログについても。

それについて、よく読むブログはTokyo Girlと言うブログだ。楽しい。最近は読み始まる、でもすぐに私の好きなブログの一つになっている。彼女はイギリス人で、ご主人はドイツ人だ。子供さんがいる。ご主人お仕事のために東京に引っ越させた。面白くて時々おかしい経験がある。

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,
Thanks for your comments! Yes, I have read come across Tokyo Girl myself! I am in quite impressed with your Japanese! I haven't had time to read everything, however you seem to be trunking right along! As for the hospital job, well it is a long story, basically boils down to they needed a native English speaker/with Japanese skills...My boss has taught me everything I need to know to complete an analysis. Back to your Japanese, it sounds like you have been studying for a while, how have your speaking skills developed? Hmmmm...Your site makes me want to post more in Japanese, so ya better keep watching!! More great stuff to come!!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Nathan - not sure if you are following this, but I'll post the response here.

I have been studying for over 3 years now. I passed JLPT level 3, but am not ready for 2 yet. My conversation skills are generally better than my reading/writing, I think. But I do use the Blog as a chance to practice.

Oh, your Blog is up for a "Bogs I Read" mention here soon. It was after seeing post #100 and how you mentioned other Blogs that make me think of listing some I follow. And I am working backwards, so had seen post number 101 just before that - definitely my favorite of yours so far.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Guess it is now Tokyo Girl in Oz, as she and her family has moved to Australia. Interesting to hear her compare Oz to Japan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home