Sunday, November 25, 2007

what is worth money

IMGP3326On Friday, my girlfriend and I walked down to the new Apple store on Chestnut Street in San Francisco. Friday was "Black Friday", so all the stores were very busy, and Apple was not an exception. But being their first day, they had extra specials and were also giving away free T-shirts to the first people to go in. We did make it in time to get T-shirts.

I don't use Apple products (not even an iPod), and this was actually the first time I was in an Apple store, so the T-shirt doesn't excite me too much (plus it is too large). So I placed one of the shirts up on Ebay for sale on Friday. Now, with 5 days still to go, someone has already bid $20 for this shirt!

With the shirt the wrong size for us, the fact that we already have too many T-shirts, and that we would have to carry them with the other items we bought (nothing at Apple, but at other stores), we did consider not taking the shirts. But now that it looks like it has some value, I am glad I did take them.

How much do you think the shirt will go for?

日本語を話せる人へ:ごめん、英語だけで書いた。

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger AJB said...

Being an apple product I'm sure the shirt is resizable. You'd probably need a software crack and the warranty would be void... ;-)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger AJB said...

Being an apple product I'm sure the shirt will be resizable. You'll need some sort of software crack and the warranty will be void though... ;-)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

It is up to $23.50, and there are still 2 days left. Perhaps it will reach $30 by the end of the auction?

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Final price was $23.50

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

After the first shirt went for so much, I decided to also sell the second shirt. No bids on it yet, so you might be able to get it cheap...
http://shorterlink.com/?V08BT2

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Douglas Wilcox said...

Peter,

I hope the person that bought the T shirt realize that they will need to send it back to Apple every time it needs washed and when it needs a new battery, only Apple will be able to fit it and it will cost them £65! ($131) + P&P. Not only that but they will be disappointed to find it does not even have 3G!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home