Wednesday, October 24, 2007

new bridge

The weather was beautiful yesterday, so I took the day off of work and went kayaking. I launched from Crissy Field and made a loop around Treasure Island and Yerba Buena Island, passing close to Alcatraz on the way back.
昨日いい天気だったので、仕事を休んで、カヤックに乗った。Crissy FieldからTreasure Islandの周りを漕いで、Alcatrazの近くに通った。

I saw the construction for the new section of the Bay Bridge. They are definitely making progress, but I suspect it will be a few more years before they are done.
Bay Bridgeの架橋工事を見た。進んでいるが、もう2,3年かかるだろう。


The bridge on the right is the old bridge. It is not seismically safe, so is being replaced.
右の橋は古い。耐震性のないので新しいのに取り替える。

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Adam Bolonsky Dot Com said...

Hi Peter,
I remember Crissy Field as a one-time favorite area for winsdurfers whom I assume have since been replaced by kite surfers.

Kayaking there must be a gas, with all the boat traffic, wind, fog, currents, and sailboat racers from Sausalito.

In answer to your question on my blog, I've seen he sculling brace done by paddlers using a standard Europaddle. But the brace is less cumbersome if you don't feather your blades, and least cumbersome, of course, with a Greenland paddle.

Adam

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Interesting choice of words -- it being a "gas" -- as the beach is closed right now due to an oil spill from a freighter that crashed into the Bay Bridge.

Thanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home