Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Angel Island camping

Some friends were camping on Angel Island for a week, and invited me to join them. I was able to join them for one night. Angel Island is in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. Rather than take the ferry over, I decided to kayak out to the island and back.
友達はAngel Islandで1週間キャンプした。招待してくれた。Angel Islandはサンフランシスコ湾の中葉なのでカヤックで島に行った。

Our campsite had great views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
いい景色だった。サンフランシスコやゴールデンゲートブリッジ見えた。

We had great weather while we were there. Fall is definitely the best weather in San Francisco. The fog goes away and the temperature is pleasant. It was good that it was this way, as our campsite would have been cold if there was wind and fog!
いい天気だった。サンフランシスコの秋の天気は1番いいと思う。 霧が愛し、気温がいいし。霧や風の場合はそのキャンプ場は寒いので、良かった。

Below is the GPS track of my route. I paddled in a clockwise direction.
私のGPSの路線だ。右回り行った。


Definitely a fun little trip.
旅行は楽しかった。

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Nobue Masuda said...

All of photos are so beautiful! So you don't have much fog in Autumn? Ah, I wish I could visit there in Autumn. Isn't it so cold like last summer when I met you? I wondered. Since when I get there, it was so chilly.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

It isn't cold. The fog is what makes San Francisco cold in the summer. So if there isn't any fog, San Francisco has comfortable temperatures. We hiked on the island, and all I wore were shorts and a t-shirt.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Nobue Masuda said...

I see. It all depends on fog.
It sounds like general summer climate is in September/October in San Francisco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home