Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Animals from Baja

I am back from a week of kayaking in Baja. Here are some photos of various animals we saw.
カヤックをしにメキシコのバハから帰った。 動物の写真だ:

Tarantula / タランチュラ:


Stingray / スティング・レイ:


Scorpion / サソリ:


Pufferfish / フグ:


Pelican taking off / ペリカン:


Moray Eel that was lured out of the rocks to eat some fish scraps / ウツボ:


Humbolt Squid (he tasted yummy!) / ダイオウイカ(美味しかった!):


Crabs / カニ:


Bottlenose dolphins /バンドウイルカ :


Pelicans, cormorants, and blue footed boobies / ペリカンやウや青い足の鳥:


Clams / 貝:


Video of hermit crabs / ヤドカリのビデオ:

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger The Sea Wind said...

Oh Peter,

The photos of Baja are great, especially the landscape ones. The beach and mountain range reminded me very much of those childhood years being my favorite vacationing destination. I wished I could have a share of that Humbolt squid. :(

It must be hard ending a seemingly fabulous trip. I'm sure our new president has made your return less painful in various ways. ;)

Should we continue our trade discussions or move on to the next topic? :)

Take care and say hi to Sylvia for me, please.

Christine

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Where was your favorite vacation destination as a kid?

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger The Sea Wind said...

I was an unfitted Sai Gon girl, always wanted to escape from the big crowd. The ocean and beaches are my favorite of all. Can you tell by my handle? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home