Thursday, April 26, 2007

many snakes

I went for a mountain bike ride this afternoon to the Marin Headlands. It must be warming up, as while riding I saw 4 snakes. They have come out of hibernation and are now out hunting.
今日の午後Marin Headlandsにマウンテンバイクに乗った。乗りながら蛇4匹を見た。暖かくなるだろう。最近冬眠から出てくる。

2 were garter snakes (one shown in the photo on top) and 2 were gopher snakes (the lower picture).
2匹はガータースネーク(上の写真)で2匹はインディゴヘビ(下の写真)だ。

Actually I saw 5 snakes. The 5th snake was in the talons of a flying hawk.
実は5匹を見た。5匹目は飛ぶ鷹の爪の中にいった。

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ross Finlayson said...

Yes, this must be the season... I saw a large rattlesnake at Water Dog today.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Fumiya said...

looks scary
in japan, I don't see snakes so often.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Fumiyaさん,

Thanks for the comment. When I was in Okazaki (愛知県), I would sometimes see snakes out near the rice paddies.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger B said...

Here's another one for you: diamond back rattler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home