Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Amount of time in other countries

When Japanese people find out I speak some Japanese, there are certain common questions that seem to be asked. One common question is "have I been to Japan before?" This has made me think about my trips and how much time I have actually spent in different countries.

I have been using a Palm Pilot to manage my calendar for about 8 years now. One side benefit is that I have a record of what I have done for all this time. I had some free time on my last flight back from Japan, so I went through and added up my travels.

I have taken 13 trips to Japan. I have spent a total of 149 days in Japan (about 5 months).

I have spent 190 days in Korea. I lived there, so I didn't bother trying to count the number of times I entered the country.

I took 5 trips to China, for a total of 29 days.

Back when I was still going to school, I spent 6 weeks in France and 6 weeks in Mexico.

I have also been to many other countries, but for less time duration.

-------
日本語:

日本人は私が日本語を分かる事を見つけると同じ質問に聞く。一つは「日本へ行ったことがある?」だ。その質問はどの位日本に行ったと考えた。

8年間ごろパルムパローとで予定した。そこで全部の予定がある。 最後のフライトに暇だった。そこで旅行の日を数えた。

13回日本に行った。全部で149日でした。

全部で190日韓国にいた。そこで住んでいたから、旅行の数を数えない。

5回中国に行った。全部で29日でした。

学校の時、7週間フランスにいた。 そして6週間にいた。

沢山ほかの国にいた、でも

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Oh, I have a summary of the countries I have been to at:
http://www.singlespeed.org/travel.html

国へ行った概要はhttp://www.singlespeed.org/nihongo/travel-nihongo.htmlだ。

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

My going back to study in Japan again this fall has brought my total time in Japan to 192 days, or just over a half a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home