Friday, December 16, 2005

Segway - gift or weapon?

The Japanese newspaper, Mainichi Daily, reported that Prime Minister Koizumi was riding around on a Segway scooter which George Bush gave him. See the Mainichi article here.
毎日新聞によると小泉首相はブッシュ米大統領からプレゼントされたセグウェイスクーターに乗ったそうだ。 日本語の記事はここだ

Now, if you remember the experience that George Bush had when he was riding the Segway (see picture to the left), you have to wonder if he wants to be friends with Japan, of the Segway is a WMD to be used against the prime minister...
じゃあ、ブッシュ大統領のセグウェイに乗った経験を覚えていると、友だちかどうか疑わざるを得ない。

4 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a Japanese. I came from http://www.tokyotimes.org/ I found this blog interesting. I'll come by sometimes.Tell me if you want me to check your Japanese.I'd be glade to do that.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. I enjoy hearing that someone is reading what I write.

On correcting my Japanese - thanks for the offer. I suspect that I have many errors, so it could be depressing for me to hear all of them. What may be best is to just tell me of any real bad errors (like if something I wrote does not make sense in Japanese).

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Keep up the good work!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

I was just looked at the picture of George Bush falling, and it made me think - if he can't balance on a device that is made to balance for him, how can he balance the needs of the country?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home