Thursday, December 24, 2009

Boring job for a cop

Sometimes a cop has to hang out and wait until someone comes along to arrest. Even on Christmas Eve, this is an important job to do.


This spot provides a good view of a stop sign that I guess people run too often. And it is likely a 25 mph zone, so speeders may be common also. Thankfully, I made a full stop at the sign, and didn't speed, as I biked by today.


It helps to have a supply of coffee and donuts for the wait until the next speed demon decides to blow through the stop sign...


But, mannequins don't get bored in jobs like this...


Of course, not everyone is happy with the jobs the cops are doing. Maybe this gentleman has gotten one too many tickets from the mannequin?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Yuka said...

Is the donut fake too?

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

I don't know. But if it isn't fake, I am sure it is very old and dry. Probably not something that anyone would want to eat.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter - WHAT is going on with the old guy with the cane? I don't understand this (or did you ask him to pose)?

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

As I was taking pictures, he walked by and we started chatting. He said that I wanted a really good picture, I should take one now and then struck that pose. I was so surprised that I didn't get the picture right away (I actually thought he might strike the windshield), but he did it a second time for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home