Friday, November 06, 2009

Adrenaline side of sea kayaking

Kayaking is much like mountain biking - you get out an enjoy nature, but there is also a challenge side of it. My last post showed part of the nature side of kayaking, with lots of animals. But many of those pictures were taken from flat water - be like seeing animals from the paved bike path in Yosemite.

So, to show that other side, I made a similar video of the more adrenaline side of kayaking - basically, where the water is not flat.



As with the animal video, there are many more exciting times I was not able to get on video, not for the least reason that I couldn't stay upright while filming in some of the conditions...

A few pics also:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you use a waterproof camera?

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

It was a mixture of 2 different cameras - both waterproof. A hand held Pentax Optio W20 and an Oregon Scientific ATC-2K (used either on my deck or on my helmet).

Here's a review I did a while back on both cameras:
http://peter-singlespeed.blogspot.com/2008/01/review-oregon-scientific-atc-2k-video.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home